10 things recruiters and employers want to hear in an interview.
Employers are looking for someone who will make their life easier, not more difficult. They are busy people with targets to meet, tasks to be achieved, people to manage. They are recruiting because they need another team member, but they are aware that taking on a new team member can slow everything down at first while they are inducted, taught the job, get to know everyone, and fit into the team.
Their ideal is to find someone who can do the job, is sensible, has the right attitude, will fit easily into the team and wants to work with the company. If you can convey to them that you can do all those things, then there is no reason not to hire you.
So you are on the shortlist at least!
Ten things you should make sure you get over to the interviewer;-
- I have the skills, competencies and professionalism to do this job effectively
- I understand what the job involves and will be an asset to your business, I will help to drive the business forward and I will not be a problem.
- You will not have to ask me to things several times –I will do them first time of asking, or if there is a reason why not I will justify it straight away
- I will do what you ask and get it right first time every time.
- I am easy to get on with, and will be a team player; and will not “rock the boat” with existing employees or cause conflict.
- I can accept constructive criticism with grace – I know it helps me to learn and progress.
- I will be loyal to you and will not be a “job –hopper” – meaning that you will not need to rehire again as soon as you have taught me this job.
- I will be a committed and responsible employee
- I will fit into the organization
- I want to work with you and the organization